He will not crush the weakest reed
or put out a flickering candle.
-Isaiah

Friday, October 24, 2008

"I want the fairytale." Pretty Woman

So who knows why we get married? It's a crap shoot between petty and sacred.
Maybe take a shot at tryin' to do it better. Like a recipe.

5 Things To Do Before I Die:
1) Make a perfect pie crust, scratch.
2) A year in Tuscany.
3) Write at least 2 books.
4) Quit smoking. 34th is magic.
5) Truly love.

Y2K took us to the country. Man, the ultimate Butterfly Effect.
We had 16 acres and a spring fed pond. We raised a few beef cows, Chuckie
and Beefy. I learned how to castrate calfs.
Nick slept with one eye open.
We incubated eggs and raised chickens.
I painted murals on anything that didn't move.
We built underground forts and we homeschooled life.
We designed a catapult and made it out of culled lumber.
Bonfires and dirtbikes and jars full of fireflys.
It was a good ride.
My best ride.

No comments: