He will not crush the weakest reed
or put out a flickering candle.
-Isaiah

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bread and Wine

After the cat angel, Otis and I started gettin' tight.
I'd do good things in secret cuz I felt like someone's
Watching me. It was an inside job. Like in 'MIB',
but angels invade instead of those kool graphics.
(I know I'm a little hard to follow sometimes, just go with
the flow, besides, you should be reading this backasswards)

I cleaned up my act. Little by little.
I got off the booze. I turned my little pottery biz into a goldmine.
I was asked to talk shows. I flew all over. I volunteered at the Mission
in Detroit. I made alot of money. I was on top of my game.

So I'm sittin' behind this guy with the grey temples in church.
Nick paid me no mind at first. His sister in law was a friend of
mine and she was playin' matchmaker. At lunch he sat as far
away as he could. Sorta like he gets hit on alot.
I say 'Whatever'

Next time I saw him he was friendly. Maybe he got some buzz on me.
It's great to taste Power.
Then I gave him the keys.

No comments: