He will not crush the weakest reed
or put out a flickering candle.
-Isaiah

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Carpet Burn

It's a damn shame we can't have everything.
You learn to walk to the beat of a different drummer.
You try to make peace with the past.
You try to grow up.
Someone said it's like a house with rooms. You knock
on the door and a can of worms opens.

My mother-in-law was old school Italian. We tried to hang out
couple times a month. See Indy Films. Both voracious readers.
I painted Trompe 'L Oeil on her corridors.
I loved the old ladies especially now that I am one. We met for lunch
in the family restaurant. Lots of skipping to the head of the line.
I ordered soup and quiche. She scolded me for putting my purse
on the floor.
Like germs bungee jump backwards to invade my tubular lungs.?
"How about those Red Socks?" I said.

No comments: