He will not crush the weakest reed
or put out a flickering candle.
-Isaiah

Friday, January 1, 2010

Thumbs Up

Were you shown how you got here, or how to get out alive?
They say the memory of you is wiped from the earth in one generation. 40 years.
No one who knows you now will be alive 40 years after your death.
Unless you leave words behind. Or an Opus of some sort.
Or you discover something that other people want. One shot to do what you came here to do.
A buddy sent me a link to
.http://www.sawstop.com/
The technology is genius. It's a breakthrough safety device that uses an electric brake
detecting your signal (or the hot dog they use in the demonstration) and immediately
stops before anyone's thumb goes flyin off! It is to the table saw that airbags are to cars.
Wish Otis told me to buy stock in this one.
Anyway, after lopping off my own thumb a while back, it perked my interest.
This is an incredible invention! That guy will be known beyond his 40 year allotment!
I say to myself.
Although, the only way to determine it's impact on thumb ejections,
is by the decline of the ones that don't happen. Huh?
But folks, in the year 2009, the number of digit/saw related injuries dropped 50% in 6 months.
Of course, I think they should put it in the drinking water.
And that guy's layin on the beach with this one. (and reading my book).

No comments: